---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alan Araujo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Feb 9, 2007 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Dansguardian or Squid
To: Chris Nighswonger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks Chris,

My doub is if DG can auth users like Squid using NTLM.
I heard that new version of DG  can do it very well.

Is There a way to set DG to auth and filter users without Squid ?
I mean, DG would works filtering and authenticating while Squid just cache.

Thanks again !

On 2/9/07, Chris Nighswonger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Alan,

> How do you configure the rules in Dansguardian ?

Maybe you could expand on this question a bit.  Some of it depends on
what you are wanting to do with DG.

> Are you using NTLM in Dansguardian ?

Yes. I have a campus network which services about 40-50 users. All
Internet traffic passes though DG/Squid. All users are authenticated
via NTLM against a W2K Domain controller. DG does not actually do the
auth. Squid takes care of this via the Samba ntlm helper. DG just
picks up the username off of the header and filters based on a
username/fitlergroup association.

Chris

--
Chris Nighswonger