On 3/14/07, Henrik Nordstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The window scaling problem is unfortunately not so easy to detect in
Squid as it causes connections to hang after the request has been sent
and acknowledged making it just look like the server takes ages to
process the request, so it generally never reaches a retry condition..

I notice that the window may be scaled many times during the course of
packet exchanges. I also noticed that the size of the window on the
acknowledge packet immediately before the hang was different nearly
every time. So, my question is:

Is the symptom which exposes the window scaling problem simply the
packet sequence 'request <-> response <-> hang (aka no subsequent
packets)'?

Chris