Charl Loubser wrote:
Hi All,

I would just like to know what is the easiest way, and the easiest thing to use to to url redirecting with squid. What should I use for this. I also need whatever it is to be quite easy to configure, seeing as I do not have enough time to figure out how regular expressions work (pyredir)...

what I am trying to accomplish is to have squid redirect anyone that browses to 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.2

Thanx everyone!!!

-- C

acl oldSite dst 192.168.0.1
deny_info http://192.168.1.2/ oldSite
http_access deny oldSite

Any access to 192.168.0.1 will be directed to the main page of 192.168.1.2 via a 302 (Moved Temporarily).

If you have the same URL structure on both servers you can use a %s on the deny_info line to pass them to the URL on the new server. More details are available in the default squid.conf.

Chris