Chris Robertson escribió:
Emilio Casbas wrote:
I know that this is a question more related to urchin software,
but maybe someone in this list have successfully configured urchin
software (UTM enabled) with a squid reverse proxy configuration.

The Urchin UTM installation is available only with Apache and IIS,
http://www.google.com/support/urchin45/bin/topic.py?topic=7355
but it would be helpful have instructions with squid as reverse proxy too.

From http://www.google.com/support/urchin45/bin/answer.py?answer=28710...

The second important function of the UTM Sensor is to uniquely identify both sessions and unique visitors. Through a patent-pending combination of browser cookies, the Sensor detects and initializes the unique visitor and session identifiers allowing exact monitoring of new and returning visitors regardless of service provider proxy behavior. Most service providers take advantage of proxying by recycling IP addresses and clustering users behind firewalls. This can cause problems with normal logfile tracking, which typically utilizes the IP address as an identifier of the user.

...so your accelerator setup should have no effect on Urchin's analysis of your Apache logs.

The squid version we are playing to is squid-2.6-Stable12 with a common
logformat modified such as:

logformat common %>a %ui %un [%tl] "%rm %ru HTTP/%rv" "%{Referer}>h" "%{User-Agent}>h" "%{Cookie}>h

But it isn't working with urchin.

Meanwhile I'll ask for support to urchin in order to get a squid configuration.

Have anyonone configured urchin UTM with squid as reverse proxy?

I have not, and given the information above, wouldn't bother trying. *shrug*

Thanks for the response Chris,

I'll give it a try and when I have it solved I'll write a small howto
to achieve it. It could be helpful to more squid users.

Thanks
Emilio C.