Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
tor 2007-06-21 klockan 14:22 +0100 skrev Julian Pilfold-Bagwell:

If I am to guess you might need to allow access to the windows update
servers without using authentication.

Is it possible to do that while retaining authentication for users?

Yes.

Just allow access to the windows update servers before where you
normally require authentication.

Regards
Henrik

That's what we do and it works very well. We do the same for common antivirus
update sites too. :-)

Just a thought on WindowsUpdate via squid though, it's very very slow through squid. Seems to take many minutes to check for updates, but when bypassing the proxy this is not the case. I wonder if this is normal for squid?

cheers,
Dietrich.