D & E Radel wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
No takers? Thanks in advance. :-)
D.Radel.

D & E Radel wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently using a delay pool to throttle users a certain ldap_group
to a slow speed.

I wish to throttle access to certain bandwidth heavy websites. I added
the ACL "slow_sites" to my existing delay pool as follows:

    acl slow_sites url_regex -i "/squid_stuff/slow_sites.txt"

    # Delay pools
    #-------------------------------------------------
    delay_pools 1
    delay_class 1 3
    delay_access 1 allow slow_group slow_sites
    delay_access 1 deny all
    delay_parameters 1 250000/250000 -1/-1 8000/250000

It didn't slow down access to the sites listed in the textfile. Whereas,
the delay pool was already working correctly on the users in slow_group
before my adjustments.

Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
D.Radel.

I read that config as meaning only slow slow_group when accessing slow_sites.

Seems to me you want a config like:

 delay_access 1 allow slow_group
 delay_access 1 allow slow_sites

Which would slow BOTH lists independent of each other.

Amos

Ah brilliant! Thanks Amos! I will give that a whirl!:-)

regards,
Dietrich

Tried it. It works. So basically delay pools can throttle traffic for specific users and specific websites, not just IP address ranges. Brilliant! This info really needs to be in the delay pool docs. Many thanks! :-)

best regards,
Dietrich