Reid ha scritto:
Could you tell me the command to make squid listen only on 3128? When I  run
"tcpdump -n -i any
port 3128" (or any other port) it gives me an error - something about
promiscuous command. Thanks

Have you tried to make squid listen only on the 3128 port ?
Maybe you could start from there and then enable one other port at a time...
(just writing thoughts as they pop off my head :)
--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT

____________________________________________________________________________________ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

Well, it's pretty easy: just leave only one

http_port 3128

line in your squid.conf.

I would suggest that you save your current squid.conf in a temporary file, and start over with a fresh one (i.e. copied from squid.conf.example) and see if that works. Then you can modify squid.conf one directive at a time and see if it still works after every change...

Again, just my .02 euro.

--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT