On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 11:08 +0400, Mohamed Navas V wrote:
> Henrik,
> All the redirections are happening in the webserver itself.Also this
> is happening right now .We have suggested to put the proxy for
> transparency and security. As i had tried with squid 2.5 long time
> back but couldn't do. We have the squid 2.6 now, and to test with this
> setup.
>
> So the web server do all redirections also it has the SSL certficates,
> squid just to want to listen to all ports and direct to the clients.

Ok. Then you will need

1. http_port and https_port lines matching the ports the server is
listening on.

2. Suitable certificates for each https_port line.

3. A cache_peer line per backend server port, using the ssl flag on the
SSL encrypted ones.. Use the name= option to specify the same server
host name/address more than once..

3. cache_peer_access rules routing the right requests to the right
server...

acl port80 port 80
cache_peer_access server1_port80 allow port80

Remember that Squid is a proxy for the origin server, and will terminate
the client SSL connection to be able to inspect and proxy the HTTP
request within..

Regards
Henrik