Jeff Pang wrote:
2007/7/4, Michel Santos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Snow Wolf disse na ultima mensagem:
>>From my experience,when squid has used full of cache_dir close to
> 20-30G,the OS would become very high-load due to the disk cache
> swap.So I think even you have 160G disk,you may not set the cache_dir
> bigger than 20G.

ahem ... so I would need 8 x 160G disks in order getting 160G of cache_dir
or 4 x 250 also would do it? And the rest of each disk is used by this
"disk cache swap" thing?

I would think, one drive with several cache_dir inside would suffice ;-)
Though I think there is something screwey with a system that can't handle disk-cache for any disk it accepts.

Hmm,you can try it.I mean no more than 20G totally for use.

For the record which cache_dir filesystem (diskd, ufs, aufs, coss, null) do you use that only gives you 20Gb ??

I have had aufs here and at one point a 30Gb cache running happily without stressing anything (even on RAID drives at the time).