Juraj Sakala wrote:
Thanks once again for sharing light on this. Do you have any examples
where I can use req_header to detect if my clients have their own proxy
servers?

Any clue, web links or posts will highly be appreciated.

Also is req_header the only option whereby we can detect child proxies?
Or do we also have other options for detecting child proxies?

I googled and found the Follow X-Forwarded-For headers (follow_xff) tag.
Do you have any ideas regarding this?

Yes, X-Forwarded-For headers can be useful. There is same problem as with Via header - spoofable. In default squid configuration is directive forwarded_for set to on. It means, that squid forward forwarded-for header to upstrem proxy. Your squid has to be compilled with --enable-follow-x-forwarded-for option, and in squid config you need this directives:
follow_x_forwarded_for allow all
acl_uses_indirect_ckient on
log_uses_indirect_client on

Then you can track clients behind child proxy's. But all is depending on child squid configuration.

Hi Juraj,

Thanks for the update.

I have applied your techniques you describe above. I still have problems detecting my child proxies. In a layman view, how to I see them in the first place.

My squid boxes are compiled with the "--enable-follow-x-forwarded-for" option.

Thanking you...

--

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,