Preetish wrote:
On 8/9/07, Francesco Perillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Probably squidGuard can be of help....

I read about it and will definately try it. thanks.

Well now the CPU utilization is in check and the internet speed is
better than before though not gr8. I will check the link speed tonite
again. Still there is another issue about file descriptors or which i
will mail using a new thread.

Hi Preetish,

Good to know that your CPU utilization has gone down and your squid box is serving more clients and the internet speed is better.

In your case, I guess you have to trade off a few things between complex filtering and speed.

By the way, doesn't your ISP provide you with some sort of MRTG or RRD graphs which provides how your bandwidth link is being utilized. Providing bandwidth consumption graphs to it's clients should be the responsibility of every ISP.

This could help you determine if your bandwidth is dedicated to 4 mbps or just burstable.

Thanking you...

Thanks Guys

Cheers
Preetish