Hi Tahmeed,

Tahmeed wrote:
Dear All,
I am using RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 with Squid 2.5STABLE12. Every now and then a log is generated in the /var/log/messages file stating that Squid Parent: Child process exited due to signal 11 Now that signal 11 means memory problem I am a bit confused about what to do. I did find a similar post but it was not clear to me. So here i am posting again. After the process is killed it is autometically restarted sometime afterwards. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

What's your hardware configuration? What is the output of "squid -v"?

Can you post the relevant parts of your squid.conf?

You might want to check out the following post by Henrik even though it's way back in 2002!

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200206/0116.html

Reading the post above, your problem could also be related to hardware.
You should probably run some kind of memory tests!

I think that the best suggestion would be to upgrade to the latest stable version of Squid which is currently squid-2.6.STABLE16.

You will definitely see significant improvements and benefits.

Check out the URL below to get the latest version of Squid-2.6.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/squid-2.6.STABLE16.tar.gz

Hope it helps.

Thanking you...

Thanks in Advance