Paul Bertain wrote:
Hi Tek and Adrian,

I appreciate the suggestions. We have resolved our issue, which was related to our custom-built Squid parent that was expecting ICP connections only from the configured IP address of the Squid (192.168.1.81). Squid is running on a host system with the IP 192.168.1.17 so we were using the following http_port command:

http_port 192.168.1.81:80

to force Squid to listen on a specified IP address on port 80 for any connections. We tried to use the following command to get Squid to make ICP connections from that same IP address:

icp_port 192.168.1.81:3130

but when Squid was trying to initiate an ICP to the Squid parent, it was using the host system IP (192.168.1.17) instead of the icp_port IP (192.168.1.81).

Based on that, is there a way to force Squid to initiate ICP connections from a specific IP rather than the default/host IP address?

Thanks again,
Paul

#  TAG: udp_outgoing_address
#       udp_outgoing_address    is used for ICP packets sent out to other
#                               caches.

Chris