On Mon, Oct 08, 2007, Steven Engebretson wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> One of my two instances of squid is failing today.  It appears to start
> normally, but then it will stop within a couple of seconds.
>
> I am a running 2.5.STABLE3

Its an old version of Squid! Run away! Run Away! :)

> Any guesses?  I am at a loss...

Check cache.log. Have you rotated logs recently (it should be done once a night)
the most common issue with "Squid used to start but it doesn't now" revolves
around being unable to write logfiles - either no space left on device, or
they're
too big and can't be written to anymore.

Adrian

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -