Hello,

I am looking to utilize squid as a reverse proxy for a medium sized
implementation that will need to scale to a lot of requests/sec (a lot
is a relative/unknown term).  I found this very informative thread:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200704/0089.html

However, is clustering the OS the only way to provide a high
availability (active/active or active/standby) solution?   For
example, with Red Hat Cluster Suite.  Here is a rough drawing of my
logic:
Client --- >   FW ---> Squid  ---> Load Balancer   ---> Webservers

They already have expensive load balancers in place so they aren't
going anywhere.   Thanks for any insight!