Amos Jeffries wrote:
Hi Guys,

Wanted to double check I hadn't screwed up my config lines before
dropping a bug report....

Good choice. :-)

round-robin == round-robin: each server trued in sequence until all have
bee tried then repeats. No weighting there.

IIRC Squid3.0 introduces weighted-round-robin for this purpose. Otherwise
there is CARP in 2.6.

Amos

Hey Amos,

Hmmm, so the only way for weighting cache_peers in 2.6 is with CARP? The config manual seems to suggest otherwise:

"cache_peer 172.16.1.123 sibling 3129 5500 weight=2"

Or am I assuming too much here? I could be getting the wrong end of the stick; but it seemed like using a similar cache_peer entries to the above, but with a couple having the weight=100 didn't seem to change the way squid was choosing the cache_peer to use.

Thanks!
--
Tony Dodd, Systems Administrator

Last.fm | http://www.last.fm