Hi Adrian,

Adrian Chadd wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've had a couple of people report that Squid-2.7 snapshots are working
for them. We had a couple of memory leak hiccups which were sorted out
reasonably quickly.

I'd like to get Squid-2.7 released as soon as possible so I can continue
with the code restructuring and performance improvements. To this effect,
I would appreciate it if a few Squid-2.6 users would be willing to
upgrade to the latest Squid-2.7 snapshot and provide feedback on
performance and stability.

I am using squid 2.7.DEVEL0-20080112 on one of my proxy servers since 4 days now.

Seems quite stable and running well :D

Attached are some of the current graphs of this squid proxy server.

Thanking you...

Chances are you won't see much in the way of performance improvements
with this release but, time and funding permitting, I hope to push through
plenty of improvements in Squid-2.8, including HTTP/1.1 support
(which Henrik has been steadily working on, his time and funding permitting)
IPv6 support with a focus on improving performance.

You can fetch the daily snapshots from:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/

Thanks!

Adrian
(On holiday!)

--

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Tek Bahadur Limbu

System Administrator

(TAG/TDG Group)
Jwl Systems Department

Worldlink Communications Pvt. Ltd.

Jawalakhel, Nepal

http://www.wlink.com.np

http://teklimbu.wordpress.com

<<inline: cache8-clients-day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-cputime-day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-dnssvctime-day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-httpinoutkb-5day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-httpinoutkb-day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-medianhitsvc-day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-medianhttpsvc-day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-requesthitratio.5-day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-serverinoutkb-day.png>>

<<inline: cache8-serverrequests-day.png>>