Hello, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães writes:
Yeah .... i have to agree with Marcus and disagree completly with Mar Matthias. But ... there are cases and cases. At least for me, letting squid deal with CONNECTs showed completly efficient and pretty enough for my needs. My needs are usually corporate needs, in which P2P is never wanted. I can easily block P2P with high efficient in squid with some simple ACLs. I have also tried some other p2p-blocking things, like layer7 iptables modules and ipp2p but i couldnt get 100% blocking with them.

I prefer the approach IRCache uses - allowing GET only, everything else direct. Traffic shapers, congestion control, and my firewall handle the rest with full logging and control. ---
Logger:  Taking control of system logs.
http://freshmeat.net/projects/slogger/