Dear Jörg,
I tried to block port but msn try its default port and lastly it try for port 80 so blocking port does not work at all.

I tried below at my rule in iptables:
msn_port_block="6891:6901 1863 1590 5050 5150 8000 5101 1638 15001 1644 5000 1614 1677 1455 1071 1074 8001 1073"
for port_block in $msn_port_block
{
$FORWARD -p tcp --dport $port_block -j DROP
$FORWARD -p udp --dport $port_block -j DROP
}

But my friend msn and yahoo msn uses port 80 at last if it don't find any its default port open so as I heard we can block it by knowing the traffic pattern of msn and yahoo messenger. Doing above I get a result that signing msn will take longer time to sign in any way it gets sign in.

regards,
Ashok Gautam

Jörg Hoffmann wrote:
Hi,

A good way should be banning the port-range via iptables
So you can even block tunnels which might allow every other application to
leave your network

Otherwise you can add acls to squid to block such ports. In the advanced
configuration manual is a hint how to do this.

Greetings
Jörg H.