J. Peng wrote:
hello,

How to handle the case of the original server was down? I use squid
for reverse-proxy, if I add some lines like:

cache_peer parentcache.example.com   parent  80 0
cache_peer childcache2.example.com   sibling  80 0
cache_peer childcache3.example.com   sibling  80 0

if original server was down, does squid go to query other caches like above?
Will squid get cache MISS object from its sibling? or it can only get
cache MISS object from the parent?

Which version of squid? They all have different capabilities for this.

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+