Kirtimaan wrote:
Hello,

Recently I installed the Squid Proxy server in our network on Fedora
Core 7 linux box. Other windows system use this linux box as their
Internet Gateway and DNS server. All traffic on port 80 on fedora system
is forwarded to Squid port 3128.

Our FTP server does not support passive connections. Now when we connect
to our ftp server, ftp client fails to connect with message :

Entering Passive Mode

PASV mode was attempted by the client.

Illegal PORT command

... it failed. Squid attempted a PORT.
... that failed too and FTP-server said "Illegal PORT command".

I'd suggest first fixing the connectivity into your FTP server. It's not accepting ANY inbound requests from squid.

As a FTP client, Total Commander 7.02a is being used in our network.

Is there any option in squid to use active connection instead of passive
connection. In squid.conf file, I turned off ftp_passive option. So now
setting looks as

#  TAG: ftp_passive
#    If your firewall does not allow Squid to use passive
#    connections, turn off this option.
#
#Default:
# ftp_passive on
ftp_passive off

But still facing same problem.

Naturally with PORT (non-passive) failing, forcing it as the only connect method will also fail.

Like Shashir Saud suggested:
  try "modprobe ip_nat_ftp"

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+