Dave Coventry wrote:
Amos,

Thank you for the reply.

I have done a bit more research and I see that the directive is
probably not what I require.

From what I read, the Error page will still behave in the same way and
append any links onto the originally requested URL.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?
The error response and page as a whole _replaces_ the original URL and page requested _as a whole_.

How can you ensure that the links are accessed locally?

Would it work if I used "http://192.168.60.254/redir/images/logo.gif";?

and "http://192.168.60.254/cgi-bin/login.pl";?

You could alter squid errors/ directory and add your files. Altering the ERR_* file appropriately to use them. That is the old way of doing it and remains very unstable. With server upgrades likely to replace your editing without warning.

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+