Paul Anderson wrote:
Hello,

I appologize if this has been answered before, but I have been unable to find
anything.

I am trying to set up the  following:

Lan - Squid - Parent Proxy (ISP)

I have basically added the following lines to squid.conf file

cache_peer parentcache.foo.com parent 3128 0 no-query default
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
never_direct allow all

and all traffic is going through the parent proxy, however I would like to be
able to set up acl in order to allow some websites to go through directly,
without going through the parent proxy. So basically what I need is the
following:

check destination to see if it is allowed to bypass parent proxy (or access
denied, or blocked)  if no acl exists, then forword request to parent proxy

any and all help would be greatly appreciated, please let me know ifyou need
more info.

Depending on your versino of squid:
http://www.squid0cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/cfgman/acl.html

and cache_peer_access

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+