The http_access should look like this:

http_access allow msnmessenger msnURL

The two separate lines mean that you allow all kind of connections to the listed domains and you also allow all connections that have gateway.dll in the url (non msnURL sites too).

For example you can browse msn.com without auth and you can also download http://haxx0r.net/gateway.dll/botnet-client-install.exe :D

Regards
Bgs

Monah Baki wrote:
I think I got it, I am able to connect once I added in my squid.conf the following

acl msnmessenger url_regex -i gateway.dll
acl msnURL dstdomain .passport.com
acl msnURL dstdomain .live.com
acl msnURL dstdomain .msn.com
http_access allow msnmessenger
http_access allow msnURL

This works on my MAC OS X, will test on windows.