Is it necessary to do all these stuffs (kerberos + samba) on squid3.0? On my current squid-2.6 setup, the NTLM web authentication worked out of the box, that squid proxied the CHAP back and forth from the web server back to the client PC. I tried on squid-3.0, and found that it was broken, and the IIS web server kept prompting for id and password. Is it a bug on squid-3.0 ?

John Mok