Adrian Chadd wrote:
I've been slowly working on this over the last 18 months (in my numerous
and copious spare time) to form a sort of "supported" configuration of Squid.

Flash images are easy. I can roll one now for people.

The trouble is making flash archives that can be upgraded and can run on
the multitude of flash card geometries out there. Its easy when you're shipping
the
cards but its not easy when you're providing an image for others. :0

That's why I was suggesting multiple partitions and bolting on to an existing distro install. You can keep configuration files persistent across a format, and you hardware support is regularly updated. The downside is the required install size is much higher. Although I think that the <2GB install of everything you could want is workable even on a flash card.

Atamido