I'm a little unclear on your goals - you wish to speed up your net access by blocking things?

A couple of things to think about:
 * is your line congested ?
 * are DNS lookups working correctly?
* have you looked at things like ACK prioritisation on your router/firewall ?

IF you want to continue on your current course, have a look at adzap - replaces many of the common banners/ads with blank images served off your local LAN. Quick simple and easy to implement.

Barry