> Hm. My work hasn't changed any of that; could you
> try the latest squid-2.6
> snapshot and see if the behaviour is the same there?

Adrian,

i've try squid-2.HEAD-20080406, manually patch
squid-2.6.STABLE19 and squid-2.6.STABLE19-20080406,
also tried on my openbsd machine and my slackware
machine, all have same behaviour, marked as pool 1.

but, for regex match for pool 2, first it get
full bandwidth then throttled the rate into delay_pool

1, after a few minutes rate slowly up to full
bandwidth again, and then throttled the rate into
delay_pool 2.

configuration i use :

delay_pools 2
delay_class 1 2
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 4000/1000000
delay_body_max_size 500000 1 allow tarbz2acl
delay_body_max_size 500000 1 deny all

delay_class 2 2
delay_parameters 2 -1/-1 7000/1000000
delay_body_max_size 800000 2 allow mp3acl
delay_body_max_size 800000 2 deny all

Rgds,
Agung