ons 2008-04-09 klockan 16:34 +1200 skrev Jason Haar:

> Seems to work well - but there's no indication of how long an IP would
> end up "blacklisted" if it occurred.

Well, they would earn back 1k/s when idle, until their pool is full
again.

But you probably should is a somewhat bigger refill rate.. I think a
suitable setup for what you are doing is a rate which refills the pool
in 12-24 hours.

> Is there any other way to "reset" delay_pools beyond a restart? How
> about a timeout variable? Setting it to 150M per day is sort of what
> we're really after - but we don't want daily "outages" just to reset the
> stats...

So base your rule on 150MB/day, and use the pool only as a tool to give
the user a credit if idle..

150MMB/day
1820/157286400

is exacly 150MB per day.

If the user is doing a constant download much larger than 150MB the
first 200MB or so will be quite fast and then he will be capped at
150MB/day in average until the download finishes.

Or is your queston more on allowing them 150MB full speed a day, and to
cap the rest? Meaning that if they have a constant download they will
start out at high speed for 150MB, then be capped at a low speed (but
still in the range of 100MB/day more) until some time X the next day
when they again gain 150MB full speed?

Doing the above is possible, but requires a bit of coding as it's not a
function supported by the code today.

Regards
Henrik