J. Peng wrote:
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Amos Jeffries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jon Drukman wrote:

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Amos Jeffries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
 >  Here you go:
 >
 >  # Listen on port 80,
 >  http_port 80 accel defaultsite=mysite.com vhost
 >
 >  # actual data source is 1.2.3.4
 >  # (IP or domain MUST NOT resolve to squid IP)
 >  cache_peer 1.2.3.4 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=mySitePeer
 >
 >  # only accept requests for "mysite.com" or "www.mysite.com"
 >  acl mySites dstdomain mysite.com www.mysite.com
 >  cache_peer_access mySitePeer allow mySites
 >  http_access allow mySites
 >
 >  # stop random people abusing me with spam traffic.
 >  allow_direct deny all
 >  http_access deny all

i got an error on the "allow_direct" line so i commented it out.
right now this is all running on dev boxes behind a firewall so it's
no big deal about access control.

 Sorry, typo on my part. I meant "always_direct deny all"

fairly to say I don't know why you add a always_direct directive here Amos.
since it deny all, if there is not a parent cache then where the
requests will go?

There is a parent cache (line #2):
  cache_peer 1.2.3.4 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=mySitePeer

If you don't have a parent cache, you are running an half-open proxy. It's an old way of doing acceleration, but risky.