On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ons 2008-04-23 klockan 11:32 -0400 skrev Benno Blumenthal:
 > through the whole chain to see if the file is updated.   I think the
 > problem is some confusion about how the Age: and max-age headers
 > interact (I know I am confused; I worry about squid)

 More likely Bug #7...

 Regards
 Henrik

Yes, it does look like Bug #7, though in this case Squid is adding the
lines that do not get updated (i.e. Age:), so I am only presuming that
the download time is stored with the "Headers on the disk".

Also in this case Squid is creating the problem by adding the max-age
tag to the Cache-Control line in the request, so an alternative
solution would be to configure all the squids  in the chain to not do
that. If I knew how to do that short of stripping out cache-control
from all the requests  ...

Benno