On Fri, Apr 25, 2008, Nick Duda wrote:
> So it looks like WCCP with an ASA (or some other Cisco WCCP2 supporting
> device) and Squid (v3?) can only do port 80 interception huh....blah

Squid-3's support is for pulling apart an SSL stream into non-SSL and
re-encrypting it afterwards.

You don't -have- to do that - it'd be mostly trivial to write a basic
TCP tunnel in Squid -just- for intercepting arbitrary TCP ports to do
basic ACLs (eg source/dest IP; throw request into a CONNECT to an upstream
proxy, etc) - but noone's written it for Squid-2.

The big question is - why do you want to intercept port 443?

Adrian