Quoting Henrik Nordstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

A workaround is to forward CONNECT requests over http as usual instead
of wrapping them in yet another ssl layer. Another workaround if you
really MUST wrap the CONNECT requests in SSL between the proxy servers
is to offload the SSL wrapper from Squid by using stunnel. Or the better
solution is to fix Squid to behave proper and establis the SSL wrapper
on CONNECT requests forwarded to ssl peers just as it does in normal
forwarded http requests...

it's clear regarding stunnel, but the seccond option is not for me - i only know what the C is and what it is used for, not more.

btw - do you know how to start stunnel at the system's start (from start-up script)? I am able to fire it up only manually from root shell.

Janis