I managed to get around the problem and complete the make and install by
adding the following to the configure line:

CFLAGS="-Wno-sign-compare" CXXFLAGS="-Wno-sign-compare"

Thats not a great idea. There are times when the signed/unsigned
difference really matters.

I figured that, but this is just a test anyway. I don't need this installation of Squid in production for some time anyhow. I just need to test IPv6 capabilities.

I have a temporary fix. But need a bug report to file it against since its
not going into HEAD without a review.

I've opened Bug 2363.

As soon as the patch is in place, I'll test it again and report back.

Steve