Good evening,

First time in the list, and I´m having a terrible issue with my squid.

Had 2.5STABLE12 running with no auth and recently upgraded to
3.0STABLE6 with auth against Windows DC.

The problem is: everytime when trying to access a website that asks
for a user and a password (some FTP sites and even some websites), I
don´t receive the "INPUT USERNAME AND PASSWORD" box.
When I had no authentication method running in Squid, I´d get an error
message "when trying to authenticate. Squid sent the command
FTP<password> and received the reply ´User anonymous cannot log in´"
(this one is for FTP sites).
All around the world I have searched for an answer, and I always
received the same one: "Place the username and password in the URL".
K, fine, that works, partially, because the FTP always opens as
read-only (and also the idea of having users´s passwords in our log
files is against our security policy).
The same goes for the websites that require authentication (this
situation happens mostly when it´s an authentication method from
Apache or IIS): no authentication box.

After the upgrade, when accessing sites/FTP that require
authentication, I keep getting an authentication box, but from my
proxy, not from the website/FTP.

Unfortunetly Google couldn´t help me out with this situation, and
since I had luck when consulting the netfilter list for some issues
with iptables, I hope I´d get the same result coming to squid list.

I thank everyone in advance for the attention.

Henrique