John Doe wrote:
Hi again,

I simulated a slow client (throttled at 512k/s) and squid kept the apache
connection open the whole time, while he could have closed it after 1 second...
It was a 20MB file and maximum_object_size 32768 KB.
Accessed a second time, the object is cached correctly, no more apache access.
Are there parameters in the configuration to tell squid to go full throttle
with the server, close the connection and then continue alone with the client?
For info, I have KeepAlive Off in my httpd.conf

That is squid default behavior when it gets a "Connection: close" header from server in response object.

The settings in squid are delay_pools, all about slowing down the client side of the send so clients can't hog too much bandwidth overall.