From: Amos Jeffries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [squid-users] many "parseHttpRequest: Unsupported method" found
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 9:44 AM
Siu-kin Lam wrote:
Dear all
I am using version2.7 stable 3 as  a proxy server. I
have found many "parseHttpRequest: Unsupported
method" in cache.log.
Is it possible to fix it?
If you know what the methods are supposed to be. Squid 2.x
has a squid.conf option extension_methods ... which allows you to name up to 20 new ones which are allowed through.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/cfgman/extension_methods.html

Also, could it change to allow any "Unsupported
method" by default ?
The change is not easy and we have already done it in Squid
3.1 (currently 3-HEAD) with no intentions on back-porting.