Amos Jeffries wrote:
Paul Bertain wrote:
What I should have said was put an entry in /etc/hosts and then modify /etc/nsswitch.conf on the Squid box so that it sees that same host as valid.

You could. Although by using the internal DNS resolver for just squid, you only need to add the entry to /etc/hosts. Squid loads the hosts file to prime its internal DNS resolver.

That would be the easiest way to configure it yes. But it makes the site available to all users of Squid. Not just the one client.
Hi,

I thing their is a tricky idea here. And I have tested with IE and Firefox as browser.

User PC first checks /etc/hosts before DNS Server. In the browser setting use proxy with port 3128 ( link in non-transparent) and add the domain/host ( viz: .EXAMPLE.COM/SNEAKY.EXAMPLE.COM) in field of 'no-proxy for:'

This works for my clients. May be in yours scenario too.......

Regards,

Pritam