Christos Tsantilas wrote:
I think you can safely ignore this error message.

Yes but maybe I might have some problems to convince my customer to ignore
it! :)

This message can appeared when the squid 3.0 shutdown while the ICAP
subsystem shutdown the ICAP services and in this case this message can
ignored.

If you see this message while squid3 is running or while is starting then
it means that the ICAP service did not respond  to the ICAP OPTIONS
request, and squid3 will stop use the service and in this case it is
problem.

Christos. You should have the global flag shutting_down to test and silence this at the proper times.