Tim Bates wrote:
Steven Jones wrote:
I have squid refusing to run on the above....it appears Debian has set squid up such that it only runs on a 2.6 kernel.... http://wiki.kartbuilding.net/index.php/Squid_Issue,_Etch_and_a_2.4_Kernel
Sarge squid packages are not longer there...
Does anyone know of a ready made squid-xxxx.deb out there that I can use?
I think the short answer is that if you want to run an outdated kernel, you're going to have to start compiling some things yourself. That said. you could try the packages from either sarge-backports or etch-backports. One of those might work.

TB
Not from choice, my raid controller wont work due to an outstanding bug (megaraid) it wont boot on a 2.6 kernel...I have tried the sarge-backports with no joy...Im now compiling squid 3 from source

regards

Steven