BUI18 wrote:
Hi -  I need to cache aspx pages.  I have read through the squid faq for
caching dynamic content and have tried the following
configuration, however, it does not seem to cache aspx pages with or without
query
strings.

A sample link may look like this (this is not a working link) -->
http://www.domain.com/junk.aspx?id=12345

My current relevant configurations from squid.conf:

# Allows dynamic content with query strings in the path
acl junkname urlpath_regex -i \?
cache allow junkname
hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
cache deny QUERY
refresh_pattern -i \.aspx$      1440    90%     2880 ignore-reload

I get status of TCP_MISS in cache.log when I request the page.  Am I missing
something?  Do I need an entry for http_access as well?

Does anyone see a problem with the above configuration parameters?  Does any
one know how to properly cache aspx pages?

Um, if you have no cache_peer entries its safe to remove the QUERY acl bits altogether replaced instead with a new "refresh_pattern (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0" just above the '.' one.

Well, first check the cacheability engine to see if the pages have expiry information. If cache-controls or Expires: are set refresh_pattern has no effect.

Expect to possibly see MISS on first request, its a second immediately after that should be HIT.