Dean, Barry wrote:
I am using Squid 3 as a transparent proxy on a NAT server to limit access to
the Intermahweb.

It's part of a Network Access Control solution, pre-registered users are stuck
in a private VLAN.

Squid is seeing a lot of "Bad Request Methods", that look like:

squid[]: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] clientParseRequestMethod: Unsupported method in

Is this something trying to do HTTPS on port 80?

Looks that way. Provided port 80 is the only one you are intercepting into Squid.

Can I stop squid logging these, because I know already!

We have a script locally that picks up on "unusual" entries in log files and
mails them to me, I don't want telling anymore!

There is your answer, you need to adjust the script to ignore those warnings.

"Unsupported method in request .*___.*" seems like a good pattern to pick them out with.