On 02/10/2008, at 3:37 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:

I.e., the max-age cache-control directive takes precedence over Expires. I've tested Squid and a number of other caches with Co-Advisor, and if
Expires indicates the response is fresh, but CC: max-age says it's
stale, it will treat it as stale, for just about any given cache.
Unfortunately, Co-Advisor doesn't test the reverse situation, although
I may have overlooked it (Alex?).

I am sorry, I am not sure what you mean by the "reverse situation".
Expires indicates stale but max-age says fresh? If not, can you specify
it explicitly?

Thank you,

Alex.

Yes, that's it.