On fre, 2008-10-24 at 15:44 -0700, Neil Harkins wrote:

> We are using collapsed_forwarding here. I haven't tried disabling it yet.
>
> Unfortunately, since the problem appears to be load-related, I've been
> unable to reproduce for a tcpdump or running squid in debug thus far.

The mismatch in HIT/MISS is most likely related to collapsed forwarding.
Collapsed requests gets somewhere inbetween an hit or miss, and may well
be reported a little inconsistent.

Have no idea on the timeout issue unless there is a communication issue
between Squid and your web server.

Regards
Henrik