Hi All,

I'm trying to get Squid to work as a transparent proxy on Fedora 10.

I've done the following settings with no luck:

- LAN Subnet: 192.168.0.0/24
- Cisco Router: 192.168.0.1
- Linux Proxy : 192.168.0.108
- Fedora 10
- Squid 3.0
- modprobe ip_gre << didn't give any output, thus module exists.
- Disabled firewall, and set default rule to accept all, on both input/output/forwarding (just to get things started with no hassle)
-set SElinux management to permissive.

------------------added to Squid.conf:------------------

acl MyNet src 192.168.0.0/24
http_access allow MyNet  (this is set before the deny all rule)
wccp_router 192.168.0.1
http_port 3128 transparent

------------------connectivity------------------

ip tunnel add wccp0 mode gre remote 192.168.0.1 local 192.168.0.108 dev eth0
ip addr add 192.168.0.108/24 dev wccp0
ip link set wccp0 up

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wccp0 -j REDIRECT -p tcp --to-port 80 <<-- to direct from GRE to port 80

------------------Cisco 2811 Router:------------------

conf t
ip wccp version 1
ip wccp web-cache

int vlan1 (Interface facing the itnernet)
ip wccp web-cache redirect out

int f0/1 (interface facing my LAN)
ip wccp web-cache redirect out

------------------sh ip wccp gives the following:------------------

Global WCCP information:
   Router information:
       Router Identifier:                   X.X.X.X (my router's PUblic IP)
       Protocol Version:                    1.0

   Service Identifier: web-cache
       Number of Service Group Clients:     0
       Number of Service Group Routers:    1
       Total Packets s/w Redirected:        0
         Process:                           0
         Fast:                              0
         CEF:                               0
       Redirect access-list:                -none-
       Total Packets Denied Redirect:       0
       Total Packets Unassigned:            0
       Group access-list:                   -none-
       Total Messages Denied to Group:      0
       Total Authentication failures:       0
       Total Bypassed Packets Received:     0