I emailed about this once in the past, not sure I got a real definitive answer,
so I dropped it, but not I would like to implement this.

We use Squid utilizing WCCP, currently just service cache (port 80)
redirection. I would like to redirect 443 to the squid proxy as well (I know
you cant cache it). I just want squid to make the request on behalf of the
employee, so I can also log https visits. So for example, I could block access
to lets say www.microsoft.com using squid and employees would get blocked cause
port 80 is redirected via wccp to the proxy server, but they could visit
https://www.microsoft.com because its not configured to go to the proxy via
wccp.

I understand we need to configure the router, but what different should be don
on the proxy server? We have the correct iptables rules setup to dnat port 80
to 3128, I assume this is not as easy as doing a 443 to 3128.

Regards,
Nick