Hi,

We've noticed that when downloading files through squid 2.7 (as a reverse proxy) via MSIE 7 or 8 beta, MSIE will not resume partially- completed downloads, which it does normally when downloading from other web servers. This appears to be MSIE-specific behavior - the second request has a Range:, If-Range:, and If-Unmodified-Since header keyed to the point where the original download was cancelled when downloading from a "typical" web server, while requests sent to squid do not contain these headers.

My best guess is that either because squid's server response is HTTP/ 1.0, or due to the Via: header (the only two differences between response headers from squid, and response headers from the origin server), MSIE presumes that the server does not support Range: and related headers, and as such does not attempt to use these to resume aborted downloads.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, has anyone come up with a workaround at all?

Thanks,

-Chris