robert rottermann wrote:
Hi there,

I want to run an intranet using an applicationserver (zope/plone) running behind
a squid http accelerator. I want to provide NTLM based SSO such that a user that
logged into his/her workstation is automaticely logged into the intranet.

what I am looking for is an autentication helper tool, that provides
authentication within squid and allows passing along the username for which the
authentication was accepted.

Squid bundles with several such helpers.
Depending on the squid version you have access to domainless LanMan sign-on, full NTLM support (requires samba ntlm_auth) or kerberos support (Vista etc).

Squid 2.7, and 3.1 provide NTLM pass-thru for IIS etc to do www-authenticate with NTLM credentials. Other Squid can only terminate NTLM and pass Basic-auth credentials to www backends.

Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6