squid doesn't support http 1.1 from cache to client. squid 2.7 supports 1.1 from cache to origin servers, but cannot pass through chunked transfer-encodings. (It's the lack of support for this that prevents it from advertising 1.0 to clients). However, just about every other 1.1 function is supported via extension headers; do you see this breaking anything in particular?

-C