So I'm running with COSS under 2.7STABLE6, we've noticed (as I can see others have, teh Googles tell me so) that the COSS rebuild a. happens every time squid is restarted, and b. takes quite a while if the COSS stripes are large. However, I've noticed that while the stripes are being rebuilt, squid still listens for and handles requests - it just SO_FAILs on every object that would normally get saved to a COSS stripe. So much for that hit ratio.

SO - the questions are:

1. Is there *any* way to prevent the COSS rebuild if squid is terminated normally? 2. Is there a way to prevent squid from handling requests until the COSS stripe is fully rebuilt (this is obviously not good if you don't have redundant squids, but that's not a problem for us) ?

Thanks,

-C